Wilson Allen, provider of consulting services and software that enable professional services firms to enhance business performance, today announced the availability of its CRM Toolkit, designed to help professional service firms manage data more effectively by automating data segmentation and data quality tasks.
“One of the challenges firms face is increased pressure on data management resources; firms need to raise the bar in terms of advanced data strategies but with fewer resources,” says Michael Warren, VP, CRM Practice at Wilson Allen. “Our CRM Toolkit provides firms with the ability to automate many data management functions, which can reduce data stewarding costs and free marketing and business development professionals to focus on providing more value-added and proactive support for the firm’s business strategy. It also enables firms to deploy more effective sales and marketing activities by being able to target contacts more accurately.”
In addition to automating core data quality and validation tasks, the CRM Toolkit’s data segmentation tools make it easier for firms to ensure their marketing lists comply with email marketing whitelist rules and various data privacy obligations, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL), and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The toolkit’s applications enable the following capabilities:
- Contact Scoring: The Contact Scoring module enables CRM teams to automatically rank companies and contacts based on a range of different criteria and visualize the results in dashboards. For example, firms can rank contacts based on their importance to the firm, level of engagement, and decision-making role and then develop data management and business development strategies around those rankings.
- Contact Segmentation: The Contact Segmentation module assists firms with the often-difficult task of classifying contacts based on their role, specialization, and seniority. The module searches for keywords contained in the contact’s job title and department and then assigns a set of additional fields to classify this data. The tool is pre-populated with thousands of pre-defined mappings; however, firms can tailor the keywords and the additional field values.
- Relationship Manager: Firms often struggle to keep relationships and “My Contacts” in line for users. The Relationship Manager module changes relationships automatically in certain circumstances, such as when someone leaves the firm, or when a user deletes a contact from their “My Contacts.” The application can also create relationships when one doesn’t exist – for example, if a user has sponsored a contact on a marketing list but not created a “knows” relationship.
Data Quality Applications
- Data Confidence: The Data Confidence module uses an automated process to analyze data and then rank it according to the method and recency of any data validation activities, the user that made the update, what was updated, and when. For example, if a trusted data steward made the update recently, then that data would receive a high confidence score.
- Domain Email Validator: The Domain Email Validator module identifies where a contact has personal email addresses (e.g., Yahoo) and links these automatically into a folder. A data management user can then validate if the correct permissions exist to use the personal email address and that the address is classified correctly (e.g., Sometimes they are flagged as a business address).
- Archiving: Archiving contacts manually in InterAction is a time-consuming process, and if contacts remain associated with publicly visible entities, they can still be found. The Auto Archive module enables an administrator to archive contacts from the system with a restore option if needed on a case-by-case basis.
About Wilson Allen
Wilson Allen offers law firms and professional services organizations an unprecedented range of software, strategic consulting, and technical services for optimizing client life cycle management. Our specialized expertise helps firms break down the silos across software, data, and processes, enabling firms to build stronger relationships, work more efficiently, and run more profitably.